My name is Jackie Rogers. I became a qualified counsellor in 2004. I am an Accredited Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP). I am bound by its Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling & Psychotherapy. I have passed BACP's Certificate of Proficiency and Accreditation which states that I exceed the minimum level of competence that a client has the right to expect.Further information on the BACP Register can be found at http://www.bacpregister.org.uk/
In addition to my Private Practice, work with the NHS Talking Therapy's IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) service and offer short term counselling to patients who have self referred or been referred by their GP:
For sixteen years I worked within the voluntary sector supporting people who had been burgled, assaulted, raped, sexually abused, survivors of childhood sexual abuse, in domestic abusive relationships or had been bereaved through murder or manslaughter.
I have also worked as a school counsellor, supporting children from the agesof 5 to 18 within a school setting.
I deal with a variety of complex needs, no issue is too large or small. I am a person centered therapist, which means I am led by you, the client, I work equally with my clients and believe that everyone has the internal strengths to overcome and deal with their issues be it long or short term therapy. I have a strong belief in everyone's ability to grow and heal, whatever their circumstances. Counselling can empower and enable people to find their potential to overcome whatever obstacles are holding them back or making them feel stuck.
The following are a few of the courses that I have completed and passed:
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Developing Practitioner
- Therapeutic Practice
- Humanistic Theory
- Brief Therapy
- Introduction to Transactional Analysis
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Foundation in Solution Focussed Therapy
- Certificate in Working with Young People
- Supporting Young Victims of Crime
- Abuser Profiles
- Art Therapy
- Introduction to Play Therapy
- Self Harm
- Eating Disorders
- Therapy Prior to Court
- Male Sexual Violence
- Supporting People Bereaved Through Homicide
- Bereavement Counselling
- Domestic Violence
- Developing Communication with & Between Couples
- Trauma and the Body: Somatisation and Dissociation
- Trauma Dissociation & Recovery
- Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment
- BACP Counselling for Depression (CfD)
- Introduction to EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques)
- BACP Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Solution Focused Therapy
£45 per session*. Saturday morning sessions available at £50
£60 per session*
Saturday morning sessions available at £65
(*Sessions lasts 50 minutes.)
Serenity Counselling is based on the belief that your needs are of the utmost importance.
For an appointment, more details or just for a confidential informal chat, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0754 1574010 or 01283 533646. I look forward to hearing from you.
My practice is in Tatenhill, a beautiful village on the outskirts of Burton on Trent with easy access from surrounding areas including Derby, Uttoxeter and Lichfield.